What Is a Letter of Recommendation for Immigration?
A Letter of Recommendation for Immigration is a statement from the person who knows the individual applying for various immigration-related proceedings that confirms their identity, their right to obtain necessary status and documentation, and proves their work skills or personal characteristics. The more convincing the recommendation is, the better chances the individual has to gain the status of the immigrant, relocate to a country, or stay in the place they have been in for years and decades.
- Reference Letter for Immigration.
For more Letter of Recommendation for Immigration templates and samples you may check out our library below. You will be able to customize a generic Letter of Recommendation for Immigration template to suit the needs of your particular situation. Here are some examples of documents you can use for reference:
- Immigration Letter of Recommendation for a Friend. Whether you have been asked by your neighbor, colleague, or friend to create a reference for immigration purposes, you can provide them with a heartfelt recommendation that attests to your relationship and highlights their positive impact on your life and the community you both belong to.
- Immigration Letter of Recommendation for Family. These are generally completed by relatives who already live in the country of the immigrant's choice or destination to secure approval of their visa or extension of stay.
How to Write a Letter of Recommendation for Immigration?
A well-written recommendation received by the immigrant from people that know them or are looking forward to working with them can be an immense help in obtaining a visa, citizenship, or extending their stay in the country of choice which has a positive effect not only on the life of this person but also on their families and communities. Follow these steps to prepare a Reference Letter for Immigration:
- Ask the individual you are writing a recommendation for about immigration procedures they are going through. You need to correctly understand the purpose of your letter and cover all bases whether the person needs to prove their relationship to you, confirm their employment, or provide evidence of abuse or persecution. If needed, request documentation that will help you to write an effective recommendation.
- Salute the correct recipient of the letter - it can be an immigration officer or immigration judge - and introduce yourself. Indicate the reason for writing, explain under which circumstances you have met the individual in question, and how long have you known them.
- Describe the applicant - outline their professional and personal qualities, tell the reader about your relationship, and explain why are you supporting their plea for immigration or any kind of positive decision they are awaiting. If you are hiring an individual for your organization and write a letter as an employer, you can attach supporting documentation that confirms your invitation.
- Whether you write a letter to confirm another person's work experience or oppression they have suffered, you should share stories and anecdotes to illustrate your point.
- Finish your letter once again emphasizing your recommendation, add your contact details so that the immigration worker can call or mail you in order to learn more, date and sign the document. Depending on what the applicant has asked you to do, you can give them the letter or send it directly to the appropriate immigration services.
Related Tags and Topics: