How to Fill out DD Form 250?
The form is made up of a single page with filing guidelines provided separately. DD Form 250 instructions are as follows:
- All the dates in DD 250 must be entered in nine-digit format. The nine-digit date format begins with the four digits for the year, followed by a three-digit alphabetic month abbreviation and two digits for the date. All addresses must include the name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code;
- Block 1 is for the procurement instrument identification (Contract) number and order number. Block 2 requires the shipment number. The date of shipping should be entered in Block 3;
- BL in Block 4 requires entering the number of the commercial or governmental bill of lading. TCN stands for transportation control number;
- If a discount takes place, it should be entered in percentages in Block 5. Block 6 is for the invoice number and actual or estimated date of invoice submission;
- The number of the page and the total number of pages used with one shipment must be entered in Block 7. Block 8 - Acceptance Point - requires an (S) for origin and a (D) for destination;
- Block 9 is for providing the code and address of the contractor. Block 10 requires the code and address of the contract administration office;
- Block 11 is intended for the address of the original location. If that address matches the information in Block 9, enter "see Block 9";
- Block 12 requires providing the code and address of the payment office. The code and address from the shipping instructions of the contract should be entered in Block 13;
- A three-character project code - if provided - is entered in Block 14. The code and address from the contract or shipping instructions must be entered there as well;
- The next chart is used for describing the shipment. The item numbers are entered in Column 15. Stock numbers, part numbers or a description of the items go in Column 16. Column 17 is for the quantities shipped or quantities received. Column 18 is for providing the abbreviation of unit measure as indicated in the contract. Column 19 is the unit price. Column 20 is for entering the extended amount when a unit price is specified in Column 19;
- Blocks 21 and 22 are filed by an authorized representative of the receiving activity. They require the date of arrival, the printed, typed or stamped name of the representative with their title, mailing address and commercial telephone;
- Block 23 can be used by the Contractor to provide additional information.
DD 250 Related Forms
- DD Form 250C, Material Inspection and Receiving Report (Continuation Sheet) is used as a continuation sheet for the report.
- DD Form 250-1, Tanker/Barge Material Inspection and Receiving Report is a document used as a discharge report or loading report for bulk waterborne shipments of petroleum products.