Download DA Form 4651 Request for Reserve Component Assignment or Attachment
DA Form 4651 Instructions
- Contact information on the losing and gaining officials is provided in Boxes 1 and 2.
- The form requires personal information of the requestor, including their name, address, social security number, current branch, height, and weight in Boxes 3a through 3n. The requestor should also state the reasons for transfer.
- The type of action and reason for transfer is described in Box 4.
- The form must contain information on the both gaining and losing units in Boxes 5 and 6, together with stated names, grades and appropriate signatures of the unit's commanders.
- Box 7 lists any additional attachments to the DA 4651. These include orders, a DD Form 4, a DD Form 214, MPRJ or other documentation.
- Once the request is filled out, it should be provided to the receiving unit and signed there. Before transferring to another unit, the soldier's unit commander and retention non-commissioned officer (NCO) will provide them with reassignment counseling. Afterward, all the documentation will be sent through the chain of command to complete the process of reassigning the soldier to a new unit.
- If the form is used to request transfers for Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) scholarship recipients, statutorily or contractually obligated commissioned officers (CO), the form should include a phrase "Scholarship Recipient - recoupment applies". After the completion of the form, it will be forwarded to the proper orders issuing agency.
What Is RYE On DA Form 4651?
RYE (Box 3i) stands for "Retirement Year Ending" date. The date when a service member enters Active Reserve is called the Retirement Year Beginning (RYB) date. As long as the soldier has no breaks in their service, the RYE will be stated as one year later after the RYB.