Download DD Form 2890C DoD Multimodal Dangerous Goods Declaration (Continuation Sheet)
DD Form 2890C Instructions
The continuation sheet includes five items in total. Filing instructions are similar to those of the main form.
- Item 1 is for providing an address and telephone number of the organization where the dangerous goods were certified.
- Item 2 requires a transport document number and is applicable only for ocean container shipments.
- The page number and the total number of pages should be indicated in Item 3.
- The 17-character TCN goes in Item 4.
- The final and largest part of the form is Item 14, Shipping Marks. It should include:
The ID number prescribed for the material.
- The shipping number assigned to the goods.
- The hazard class or division. If the corresponding subsidiary hazard label is not attached, the subsidiary hazard class or division number is not required.
- The packing group in Roman numerals. The digits may be preceded by letters.
- Additional information from the IMDG, chapter 5.4.
- The number and the kind of packaging.
- The total quantity of hazardous goods, including an indication of the unit of measurement. This does not concern the transportation by aircraft.
- The total net quantity for non-explosive materials is entered in a metric measure when transporting ammunition by Government Vehicle. In parentheses underneath the metric measure may also be added the U.S. measure.
Additional entries must be included when shipping Class 7 radioactive materials. These include:
- The name of each radionuclide in the material
- A description of the physical and chemical forms of the material
- The activity contained in each package of the shipment. The data should be entered in the appropriate SI units, customary units may be indicated in parentheses. Abbreviations are authorized.