How to Fill out DD Form 1387-2?
DD Form 1387-2 instructions are as follows:
- Box 1 requires specifying the item nomenclature;
- Box 2 should contain the net quantity of items per package;
- Box 3 requires the transportation control number (TCN) of the package. The total gross weight of each pallet or package shipped under the same TCN must be provided in Box 4;
- The address of the destination of the shipment should be provided in Box 5. Box 6 is for listing all the requirements for sensitive, hazardous or classified cargo requiring protection or other special services while in-transit;
- Boxes 7 and 8 should сontain reference to the applicable chapter of the Defense Transportation Regulation and handling instructions for the shipment;
- The in-the-clear address of shipping activity is given in Box 9 along with the name and signature of the officer completing the form. A copy of the DD Form 1387-2 should be attached to each container.
If the information on the form is classified, filing procedures are as follows:
- One copy of the form is completed, signed before being forwarded and stored in the air terminal IAW security regulations and instructions;
- This copy will be attached to the air manifest;
- Three additional copies of the form must be marked with "See Aircraft Commander's copy" and "Protective Service Required" (entered in Box 6) with Boxes 3, 4, and 5 completed and the rest of the form blank;
- The form will be placed in a waterproof envelope and attached to the first container of the shipment.