Download DA Form 1574-1 Report of Proceedings by Investigating Officer
How to Fill out DA Form 1574-1?
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the Army Regulation 15-6 (Procedures for Administrative Investigations and Boards of Officers) released in April 2016. DA Form 1574-1 instructions are as follows.
- Section I identifies the authority appointing the investigation and provides the date of appointment.
- Section II lists the key stages of investigation and provides the beginning and end dates for each stage.
- Section III contains a series of questions that need to be answered during the investigation procedure.
- Section IV is for presenting the information gathered during the investigation and reporting its results. Each paragraph must relate to one evidence-based conclusion and answer a single question raised in the memorandum by the appointing authority.
- Section V lists the IO-given recommendations. The IO certifies the information provided on the report by signing Section VI.
- Section VII is completed by the appointing authority. The appointing authority will examine the facts, findings, and recommendations and approve the report (with or without modifications) or return the report for corrections. Incomplete, ambiguous, or erroneous reports will be returned to the IO to be revised.