Download DD Form 1354 Transfer and Acceptance of DoD Real Property
How to Fill out DD Form 1354?
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the Army Regulation 405-45 (Real Property Inventory Management) released in November 2004. DD Form 1354 instructions are as follows:
- The Transfer and Acceptance of DoD Real Property is prepared by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers District Engineer Office for each monitored transfer. The office representative prepares and submits the form to the real property offices. For installation projects, it is completed by the local project officers and then furnished to real property offices;
- The U.S. Property and Fiscal Officers (USPFOs) may provide the form to installation Real Property Accountability Officers (RPAOs) only for facilities constructed on Army installation grounds and for real property inventory purposes only. Documents for the state-owned real property are to be submitted to the Chief of National Guard Bureau only;
- Besides the DD 1354, the real property records should include an engineering data file. This file must include plans, maps and all specifications related to real property;
- The Box 1 of the form requires the name of the transferring agency. The date of filing is entered in Box 2. Box 3 is for the individual job number or the project number form the DD Form 1391. Box 4 requires a serial number assigned by the preparing organization;
- The name and address of the receiving installation are indicated in Box 5. The unique site identifier, installation code and the name of the constructed facility location should be entered in Box 6;
- Boxes 7 and 7a are used for providing the contract number and the date the asset is placed in service. The method, type, and event of the transaction are specified in the checkboxes in Box 8;
- The biggest block of the form is the table intended for recording the data on the transferred facilities. The required information includes the item and facility numbers, the category code and a description;
- Boxes 24a through 24c require the name, signature, and title of the transferring agent, as well as the date of signing. The RPAO or the accepting official enter their name, title, signature, and date of signing in Boxes 25a through 25c. Box 26 is for the sequential number in voucher register assigned by the RPAO;
- Any construction deficiencies found during the contractor turnover inspection should be recorded in Box 27. Box 28 is for any additional project remarks and may be used as a continuation block.