How to Fill out DD Form 2209?
All pets traveling abroad will be required to have a non-expired rabies vaccination given 30 days or more prior to the relocation. Service members must ensure that their layovers and arrival destinations allow pets.
DD Form 2209 instructions are as follows:
- Items 1, 2 and 3 require the name, contact phone number (with area code) and full address of the owner of the animal.
- Item 4 is reserved for the information about the animal. This includes the name, species, sex, age and weight of the pet, as well as the numbers of all scannable microchips, the predominant breed and color of the animal.
- Item 5 should contain data on the rabies status of the animal. This includes the first three letters of the name of the company producing the vaccine, the lot number, virus type, the date of vaccination and its duration.
- The full address of the facility (with ZIP code) should be indicated in Item 6.
- The name of the veterinarian, their license number, signature and the date of the examination go in Item 7. The veterinary health certificate is valid only for 10 days from the date it is issued.