DD Form 2606 Department of Defense Child Development Program Request for Care Record
What Is DD Form 2606?
DD Form 2606 or the Department of Defense Child Development Program Request for Care Record is a form used for applying for child care. The form is used for collecting applicant information for CDP (Child Development Programs) application and to participate in waiting lists for services provided by these programs.
The latest edition of the DD 2606 was released by the Department of Defense (DoD) in May 2014. The latest fillable version of the DD Form 2606 is available for digital filing and download below. Hard copies of the form can also be requested and completed at CDC centers, FCC or Youth Centers.
The information provided within the form may also be used by the Department for tracking, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of the program. When completed, the DD 2606 Form is returned to the appropriate child development program representative.
Most programs provide full-time care for children of active duty service members, DoD civilian employees paid by NAF or APF and DoD Contractors and Reserve members on active duty or during active duty training. See Department of Defense Instruction 6060.02, Child Development Programs for additional information on eligibility and authorization to participate in DoD-operated Child Development Programs.
Download DD Form 2606 Department of Defense Child Development Program Request for Care Record
DD Form 2606 Instructions
The DD 2606 is completed by the child's official supervisor or patron. The completion of the form is not obligatory but if the form is not filled out properly there is a possibility of the applicant being denied daycare and other services.
- Enter the date of filing in Box 1. The expiration date is provided in Box 2 by the facility where the care is requested.
- All boxes in Block 3 are for providing family Information: the sponsor's name and middle initial; the name and initials of the spouse; the last name, first name, middle initial, and date of birth of the child who will be receiving care.
- This section also provides the child's age, residential address, the sponsor's branch of service, home telephone number, work telephone number and information on any additional children that may be enrolled in CDP.
- DoD civilians must provide the service or agency of their employment. Enter NA in any of the boxes that need to be left blank.
- Check off all desired programs and the age group of the child in Boxes 4 and 5 respectively.
- Boxes 6 and 7 describe the sponsor's status and the present child care arrangements.
- Box 8 describes estimated losses to annual income due to the child not being in daycare, the current cost of daycare, any identified special needs, and participation in other waiting lists.
- Box 9, Accommodation Updates/Reverification is to be filed by the staff of the facility that you are applying to. After filing and submission, you will be added to a waiting list and receive notification when there is space for your child