Download DD Form 2606 Department of Defense Child Development Program Request for Care Record
DD Form 2606 Instructions
The DD 2606 is completed by the child's official supervisor or patron. The completion of the form is not obligatory but if the form is not filled out properly there is a possibility of the applicant being denied daycare and other services.
- Enter the date of filing in Box 1. The expiration date is provided in Box 2 by the facility where the care is requested.
- All boxes in Block 3 are for providing family Information: the sponsor's name and middle initial; the name and initials of the spouse; the last name, first name, middle initial, and date of birth of the child who will be receiving care.
- This section also provides the child's age, residential address, the sponsor's branch of service, home telephone number, work telephone number and information on any additional children that may be enrolled in CDP.
- DoD civilians must provide the service or agency of their employment. Enter NA in any of the boxes that need to be left blank.
- Check off all desired programs and the age group of the child in Boxes 4 and 5 respectively.
- Boxes 6 and 7 describe the sponsor's status and the present child care arrangements.
- Box 8 describes estimated losses to annual income due to the child not being in daycare, the current cost of daycare, any identified special needs, and participation in other waiting lists.
- Box 9, Accommodation Updates/Reverification is to be filed by the staff of the facility that you are applying to. After filing and submission, you will be added to a waiting list and receive notification when there is space for your child