When to Fill out CBP 434 Form?
The exporter fills out the form in order to enter the country without paying duty. It is required to possess the document when the declaration is made therefore the form has to be completed beforehand.
CBP Form 434 Instructions
- The exporter must complete the document legibly and fully, the importer must then have it in hand to file;
- It is necessary to choose the applicable preference criterion. There are 6 options available:
- Wholly obtained or entirely produced in the NAFTA territory;
- Produced in the NAFTA territory and satisfies the specific rule of origin;
- Produced in the NAFTA territory exclusively from the originating materials;
- Produced in the NAFTA territory and meet the regional value-content requirement;
- Automatic data processing goods that do not originate in the NAFTA territory when the most-favored-nation tariff rate (the lowest possible tariff rate) applies;
- Originating agricultural good which is not subject to a restriction in the importing NAFTA country.
- The form requires the exporter to certify that the goods originated in the NAFTA territory, and there has been no further operation outside this territory.
How to Fill out CBP Form 434?
- State the exporter's full name, address, email, and legal tax identification number;
- Complete the field «blanket period» if the certificate covers numerous shipments of identical goods imported into a NAFTA country for a period of up to one year.
- Write down the producer's full name, address, email, and legal tax identification number;
- State the importer's full name, address, email, and legal tax identification number;
- Provide a sufficient description of the goods. It should be full enough to relate it to the invoice description of the goods;
- For every good indicated in the previous field, identify the H.S. tariff classification number;
- State the preference criterion for every good described in the form;
- State if you are the producer of the good;
- Indicate the net cost when the good is subject to a regional value content requirement;
- Identify the country of origin;
- Sign and date the form, write down the name of the company and your title, enter your telephone numbers and email.