Form MV-4ST, Vehicle Sales and Use Tax Return/Application for Registration
What Is Form MV-4ST?
Form MV-4ST, Vehicle Sales and Use Tax Return/Application for Registration, is a legal document used to obtain a certificate of title and figure out the tax and fees due for a vehicle in the State of Pennsylvania. To apply for registration, it is required to complete the assignment section on the certificate of title – provide the odometer reading, lienholder information, buyer’s name, and address, seller’s and buyer’s signatures, and obtain a notary seal.
Where to Download MV-4ST?
This form was released by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). As of today, no Form MV-4ST PDF versions are available for download below. The form is only available to PennDOT Authorized Agents who complete and submit this form directly to the PennDOT using a Fact Sheet with instructions for completing PA Form MV-4ST for their convenience.
Follow these steps to fill out the MV-ST4 Form:
- Indicate the purchased vehicle’s title number, make, model, and vehicle identification number;
- Identify the seller;
- Provide the purchaser's personal details. List the date the applicant was assigned ownership of the vehicle. If there is more than one purchaser, identify them both;
- If the vehicle was traded, describe the traded vehicle and its condition;
- Request the issuance of a registration plate, its transfer, renewal, or replacement;
- Enter the insurance information - the name of the applicant's insurance company, and policy details;
- Certify the statements in the form are true and correct;
- List the correct purchase price and calculate the sales tax due. Add the applicable fees. Enter the total amount to be paid to the PennDOT;
- If necessary, apply for the joint ownership, and attach Form MV-1L, Application for Lessee Information, if the vehicle is being leased.
Related Forms and Templates: