DD Form 200 Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss
What Is DD Form 200?
DD Form 200, Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss a form used during the investigations of financial responsibility for the loss of property that belongs to the Department of Defense. The main aim of the DD 200 is to evaluate financial charges for any DoD equipment or items that were destroyed, lost or damaged.
The latest version of the form - commonly confused with the Army-issued DA Form 200, Transmittal Record - was released by the United States Department of Defense in July 2009. An up-to-date fillable DD Form 200 is available for download below or can be found on the Executive Services Directorate website.
Download DD Form 200 Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss
DD Form 200 Instructions
The 2009 version of DD Form 200 does not include any official instructions. You can get through filing information and step-by-step directions required to fill out the form down at the below the form.
How To Fill Out DD Form 200?
When carrying out the investigation, the official in charge has to provide all of the information the DD 200 form requires:
- The filing process starts with listing the date the investigation was initiated and the investigation number. This data goes in Boxes 1 and 2 respectively.
- Boxes 3 through 8 are intended for providing accurate information regarding the lost property. The form requires details about the date of loss, the national stock number, the item description, total quantity, and cost.
- All of the circumstances under which the property was lost or damaged should be described in Box 9.
- Box 10 is designed for describing the actions taken to improve the situation and to prevent its recurrence. The space provided in Boxes 9 and 10 can be expanded by attaching additional pages to the DD 200.
- The person conducting the investigation needs to provide their personal details in Box 11.
- Boxes 12 to 14 should include the data and signatures of the responsible officer, the appointing authority, and the approving authority respectively.
- Box 15 must be filled out by the financial liability officer. They must provide the appropriate report, including their findings and recommendations, the estimated cost of the items lost or damaged in dollars etc.
- Box 16 includes space for providing the personal information about the individual charged as guilty as the result of the investigation. This information includes their organizational address, typed name, social security and DSN numbers, date of filing and signature. Signing this box is not an admission of liability.
- The last person to fill in the DD Form 200 is the accountable officer. The proper space for their data and signature is reserved at the end of the form in Box 17.
After the form is completely filled out, it should be copied and distributed to all the parties involved.