How to Fill out DD Form 2208?
According to DoD guidelines, service members are limited to a maximum of two pets per family. A DD 2208 must be presented to a local military transportation office when request reservations for travel with an animal.
DD Form 2208 instructions are as follows:
- Items 1, 2 and 3 require the information about the owner of the animal. This includes their name, phone number, and address.
- Item 4 is used for providing information on the pet. This information includes the animal's name, age, weight, microchip number, predominant breed, species, sex, and color.
- The boxes in Item 5 are for describing the rabies vaccine used, including the first three letters of the name of the producer, the lot number, expiration date, virus type and location and the method of vaccination.
- Item 6 is for the vaccination details. This includes the tag number, the date when the vaccination was performed, its duration and the next vaccination due date.
- The veterinarian who vaccinated the animal has to complete Item 7 with their name, license number, and signature.
- Item 8 requires the address of the facility where the vaccination took place. The owner of the pet has to present the transportation office with an up-to-date completed DD 2208 Form, which should be valid for at least 30 days prior to the date of relocation.