DA Form 137-1 Instructions
A full description of the DA 137-1 and an overview of all related procedures can be found in the Army Regulation 600-8-11, Reassignment, released in May 2007. Read the instructions carefully before completing the form.
Failing to complete and submit the DA 137-1 may result in only partial payment of final pay. Separation payments will not be released until the applicant receives installation clearance.
The form has five sections in total: Section A, Personnel Data, Section B, Debt Verification, Section C, Adverse Action, Section D, Property Accountability and Pay Items, and Section E, Battalion/Unit Clearance Items.
- Section A, Personnel Data, is mostly self-explanatory. Enter your name, rank, orders number, gaining unit, losing unit, date of address and departure date.
- Section B, Debt Verification, requires you to describe and verify your duty status and times you were absent on various occasions - whether it was a TDY, hospitalization or field duty. Enter the type of absence, the log number or order number if applicable, and the start and return dates of all absences.
- Section C, Adverse Action, is for describing all adverse actions that occurred within 60 days prior to the issuance of clearance forms. Include UCMJ actions, administrative reductions, and administrative discharges.
- Describe property accountability and pay items details in Section D, Property Accountability and Pay Items. The 'Pay Items' section includes specifying the type of incentive pay and any enlistment and reenlistment bonuses.
- Section E, Battalion/Unit Clearance Items, is one of the most important parts of the form. A check by an item confirms that the item has been verified and the necessary action has been taken.
DA 137-1 Related Forms
DA Form 137-2, Installation Clearance Record is a checklist with signatures to collect during obtaining the clearance verification.