Form MVR-608 Gross Receipt Declaration for Leased or Rental Vehicles - North Carolina
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is Form MVR-608?
Form MVR-608, Gross Receipt Declaration for Leased or Rental Vehicles, is a document to confirm a purchase of a vehicle that will be used as a lease or rental within the state of North Carolina. For example, if your business loans out vehicles for tourists, or people seeking long-term vehicle rentals, you will need to complete this form to confirm what these vehicles will be used for.
This form is issued by the North Carolina Department of Transportation Division of Motor Vehicles and was last updated on December 14, 2021. A fillable MVR-608 Form is available for download below.
Form MVR-608 Instructions
- To complete Form MVR-608, you will need to include the year, make of the vehicle, and the vehicle identification number.
- You will be given the options to a check box if you agree to pay the taxes on the lease or rental directly to the North Carolina Department of Revenue if you have a registration number with their department. You will also be given the option to check a box stating that you will be leasing the vehicle to another person, who will be releasing the vehicle and agrees to be responsible for paying the tax on the lease or rental directly to the North Carolina Department of Revenue (instead of you, the initial buyer).
- You will also be asked to include your organization's Sales and Tax Use registration number.
- The remaining part of the document will ask for the following details:
- Name and signature of the owner;
- Your full address;
- Name of the person leasing the vehicle from you;
- The lessee's full address.
When you have completed the MVR-608 Form, you will need to mail the form or return it in-person to your local North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles offices.
Download Form MVR-608 Gross Receipt Declaration for Leased or Rental Vehicles - North Carolina