How to Fill out DD Form 1387?
DD Form 1387 instructions are as follows:
- Box 1 requires the 17-character transportation control number;
- Box 2 is for the postage data. Box 3 requires the full address of the shipping location (with ZIP code);
- Box 4 is for specifying the type of service (such as Air Express, Express Mail, TGBL UB, etc.);
- Box 5 should contain the address, ZIP code, Port of Entry code and Postal Concentration Center code of the receiving location;
- Box 6 is for the transportation priority data. If the form is used for a unit move, this box is left blank;
- Box 7 requires the three-digit Port of Debarkation (POD) designator. If this form is used in connection with the classified unit move, this box is left blank;
- The three-character project code should be entered in Box 8;
- Box 9 is intended for the ultimate consignee or mark for consignee in-the-clear address and Department of Defense Activity Address Code (DODAAC) or Military Assistance Program Address Code (MAPAC) linear barcode. If this form is filed for the unit move, this box is left blank;
- Actual gross weight of the shipment is entered in Box 10;
- A three-character Required Delivery Date (RDD) code is entered in Box 11;
- Box 12 requires cube data;
- Box 13 should be left blank;
- Box 14 requires the in-the-clear date of shipment;
- Box 15 is for the three-character FMS case number from the supply document or shipping document;
- Boxes 16 and 17 require specifying the number of the piece the label is attached to and the total number of pieces in the shipment.
The required barcode items are: Box 1 (Transportation control number), Box 9 (Ultimate consignee or mark for), and Box 16 (Piece number).