How to Fill out DD Form 314?
The form is made up of a single sheet of paper with no additional guidelines provided. DD Form 314 instructions are as follows.
- First, the form requires the equipment registration or serial number followed by the administration number which is the bumper or locally assigned number. The equipment nomenclature is given in the corresponding box with the remark if the item is a part of a system or subsystem.
- The other two boxes at the top of the form are for specifying the model format and the organization that possesses the equipment under the preventive maintenance.
- The worker responsible for the job should mark the dates when the next preventive maintenance is scheduled.
- The "Remarks" section should include information according to the type of the equipment. The sections labeled "Date received," "Received from," and "Disposition" are self-explanatory and filled in as needed according to each specific situation.
- The vehicle status should be reported to the section or shop supervisor. All environmental potentially high-risk areas identified during the maintenance should be briefed to the chain of command.