Download DD Form 2058-2 Native American State Income Tax Withholding Exemption Certificate
DD Form 2058-2 Instructions
- First of all, make sure your place of legal residence is a federally recognized Indian reservation. Also, make sure that you are an enrolled member of that federally recognized Native American tribe.
- If your status is unclear or you have questions about filling, contact your Legal Assistance Officer (JAG representative) for advice prior to completing this form.
- File the form only if you satisfy the conditions above. Write down your name, identification, military address and current mailing address. State the name of the federally recognized tribe that you are a member of and name of the tribal reservation or Indian country that you claim as your domicile. List the of the state the reservation is located within. Sign and date the form before handing it to your military personnel office.
The Defence Finance and Accounting Service cannot make retroactive adjustments: income tax withholding will stop in a month after the month when you file the DD Form 2058-2.
Forms Related to DD Form 2058-2
- DD Form 2058 or the State of Legal Residence Certificate is used to indicate a change in your State of Legal Residence (SLR) for military pay purposes.
- DD Form 2058-1, State Income Tax Exemption Test Certificate is used by soldiers with residence in states that exclude some portion of military pay from income tax.