DD Form 1056 Instructions
The first page of the Form DD 1056 includes the official DoD-issued filing instructions. A detailed step-by-step description of all the sections and boxes of the form is available below.
How to Fill Out DD Form 1056?
The passport form DD 1056 must me digitally filed - handwritten copies are not accepted. Download the form on to your desktop or mobile device and fill it in using Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other PDF-viewing software.
- Begin by indicating the date by which you will require your visa or passport.
- The second box is used for providing the name of service or group that makes you qualified for the fee waiver.
- Mark the type of request and the passport you are requesting in Boxes 3 and 4 correspondingly.
- Boxes 5, 6 and 7 require the applicant's full information: their name and their date and place of birth.
- If the passport is requested by spouses or family members, they will need to indicate the data about their sponsor in Boxes 8 through 10.
- Box 11 is for providing the home address of the applicant, their home and office telephone numbers.
- The information about the passport agent should be typed in Box 12. Enter the agent's name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Boxes 13 through 17 are for providing travel data. Describe the destination, special assignment - if any (otherwise type N/A), the estimated length of stay and date of departure, and the address to which the passport will be returned.
- The next block should contain information about the authorizing official. This person is determined by the Installation Commander. This section must include the name, grade, title, contact information, and signature of the authorizing official and the date of singing.
- Any additional data goes in Box 19.
At this point, the DD Form 1056 is considered complete. The bottom section that contains Boxes 20 through 30 will later be filled out by the receiving agent.