DD Form 1056 Authorization to Apply for "no-Fee" Passport and/Or Request for Visa
What Is DD Form 1056?
DD Form 1056, Application to Apply for a No-Fee Passport and/or Request for Visa is a form issued by and used within the Department of Defense (DoD). The document is used by qualifying military and government officials to apply for No-Fee passports when traveling for government purposes.
The latest version of the form was issued in May 2016 and is still in use today. An up-to-date DD Form 1056 fillable version is available for download or electronic filing below.
The main aim of the DD 1056 Form - often incorrectly referred to as the DA Form 1056 - is to provide all the information necessary for the initiation of a No-Fee passport or foreign visa.
What Is a No-Fee Passport?
The official military passport is issued at no costs and is usually referred to as No-Fee passport.
This type of passport can be requested by the members of the United States military or government officials, in cases when they need to travel abroad for official government-related purposes.
Download DD Form 1056 Authorization to Apply for "no-Fee" Passport and/Or Request for Visa
DD Form 1056 Instructions
The first page of the Form DD 1056 includes the official DoD-issued filing instructions. A detailed step-by-step description of all the sections and boxes of the form is available below.
How to Fill Out DD Form 1056?
The passport form DD 1056 must me digitally filed - handwritten copies are not accepted. Download the form on to your desktop or mobile device and fill it in using Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other PDF-viewing software.
- Begin by indicating the date by which you will require your visa or passport.
- The second box is used for providing the name of service or group that makes you qualified for the fee waiver.
- Mark the type of request and the passport you are requesting in Boxes 3 and 4 correspondingly.
- Boxes 5, 6 and 7 require the applicant's full information: their name and their date and place of birth.
- If the passport is requested by spouses or family members, they will need to indicate the data about their sponsor in Boxes 8 through 10.
- Box 11 is for providing the home address of the applicant, their home and office telephone numbers.
- The information about the passport agent should be typed in Box 12. Enter the agent's name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Boxes 13 through 17 are for providing travel data. Describe the destination, special assignment - if any (otherwise type N/A), the estimated length of stay and date of departure, and the address to which the passport will be returned.
- The next block should contain information about the authorizing official. This person is determined by the Installation Commander. This section must include the name, grade, title, contact information, and signature of the authorizing official and the date of singing.
- Any additional data goes in Box 19.
At this point, the DD Form 1056 is considered complete. The bottom section that contains Boxes 20 through 30 will later be filled out by the receiving agent.