Download Form SSA-1372-BK Advance Notice of Termination of Child's Benefits
Form SSA-1372-BK Instructions
The Social Security Termination of Child Benefits Form must be completed by you and the school official. It is your responsibility to ensure the school official completes the required form and to submit the completed and certified pages of the document to the SSA. You can find detailed filing instructions on the first page of the form and on the SSA website. Step-by-step instructions are provided below.
How to Fill out Form SSA-1372-BK?
Form SSA-1372-BK consists of 7 pages in total. Only two of them (pages 2 and 3) should be completed and returned to the SSA. The student has to fill out page 2 of the form, Student's Statement Regarding School Attendance, as follows:
- Provide information about your current school attendance. Indicate the school's name, address, dates of beginning and termination of the school year, type of school program, number of hours per week you are required to attend school, your secondary school expected graduation date and months during which you will not be at FTA;
- Indicate the details about the last school year, including the school's name, address, past dates of attendance, type of school program, and number of hours per week you had to attend;
- Specify if you are disabled;
- Specify if you are married;
- Provide the information on your expected earnings;
- Specify if the employer pays you for attending school;
- Specify if you have a bank account. If yes, attach a copy of a savings account statement or a voided check with your name on it to the form;
- Specify if you have any unsatisfied warrant for arrest for a crime or crime attempt;
- Sign the document. Provide your contact information and indicate the completion date.
Take the form to the school official for certification. The school official must review the information you have provided on page 2, certify page 3, Certification by School Official, and return you both pages. Besides, the school official is required to detach and keep pages 4 and 5. Page 4, Notice of Cessation of Full-Time School Attendance, will be completed and returned to the SSA when you cease to be in FTA.
You should detach and keep pages 6 and 7 with the information about benefits and responsibilities for future references. You are not obliged to complete the form. However, failure to submit it is considered as a failure to establish FTA and leads to termination of your benefits.
Where to Send Form SSA-1372-BK?
Mail the completed form in the enclosed envelope to your local Social Security office for processing. The address of your local Social Security office should be printed on the form. If the address is missing, you can obtain it from the SSA official website.