DA Form 5913 Instructions
A full description of the DA 5913 and usage procedures can be found in the Department of the Army Pamphlet 30-22, Operating Procedures for the Army Food Program, released in February 2007. Filing instructions are as follows:
- The top line of the form requires the requesting unit designation, the supporting field kitchen or TISA that will receive the form and the date of completion.
- Only the first box of the report dates has to be filled in. That should be the first day of training which coincides with the first day of field kitchen support.
- Box 5 - Request/Report - should be left blank.
- The next part of the form is a list that requires the total number of personnel present at the training site from each branch of service. That number includes all officers, enlisted soldiers, civilians and personnel hospitalized in medical units. Unused lines should be left blank.
- If the list of service branches in Box 6 did not cover all categories of personnel present, additional categories can be listed in Box 7. This also applies to cases when the support is consolidated for other organizations.
- Line 8 - Meals Sold For Cash- should be left blank
- Line 9 - Grand Total - requires the total amount of present personnel listed in Boxes 6 and 7.
- Any additional information that might be useful for the field kitchen should be listed in Box 10, Remarks. This information should include the number of days of training and the departure date of the personnel.