How to Fill out DD Form 2339?
DD Form 2339 instructions are as follows:
- Box 1 requires the name of the student's native county. Box 2 should contain the date the form is prepared. Box 3 is for the date the student was scheduled to arrive in the United States.
- Box 4a requires the full name of the student. If they want to, they may provide a phonetic pronunciation of their given name. Box 4b requires the names the student would like to be addressed in different situations and their name in their native alphabet. This block provides extra space for name variations or aliases.
- Box 5 is for providing the students rank in English and in their native language. Box 6 requires the date the rank was obtained.
- Box 7 is for the information about the student's present position, the position they are assigned to upon arrival from training, their military address, scheduled service schools or locations and the courses the student is going to attend in the U.S.
- Box 8 requires the student's branch of military service. Their specialty or organization is specified in Box 9.
- Boxes 10 and 11 requires the date and place of birth respectively. Box 12 requires specifying the student's sex.
- The enlistee's home address is given in Box 13. Box 14 is for their home and work phone numbers with area codes - if applicable. Their marital status is specified in Box 15.
- The student's citizenship is specified in Box 16. Box 17 requires the student's nationality. Their religious affiliations are described in Box 18.
- If the student has any titles or honorifics, they are given in Box 19. High order decorations are listed in Box 20. Box 21 is for the student's physical data, including their height in inches, their weight in pounds, their hair color, eye color and a description of their facial hair, if any.
- If the student is a member of any organization, the names of the organizations and the dates of membership should be listed in Box 22. Box 23 provides space for any personal preferences, including food, smoking, recreational activities, and other special interests.
- Box 24 is for listing any books published about the enlistee or by the enlistee, including the names of the publications and the dates of publication. Information on the trainee's civilian education should be provided in Box 25. Box 26 is for information about the student's language skills. Box 27 is for providing data on international travel possibilities.
- Box 28 requires specifying whether a photo is submitted with the DD 2339 Form. The photo is provided upon request only. A positive answer requires specifying the date the photo was taken.
- All information regarding the individual's military service should be listed in Box 30. If the provided space is not enough, a separate sheet of paper can be used as a continuation page.
- If the student is accompanied by their family (namely their children or a spouse), they should provide the information about their spouse and children in Box 31.