Download Form SSA-7050-F4 Request for Social Security Earnings Information
How to Fill out Form SSA-7050-F4?
To get your earnings statement, fill out the Social Security Form SSA-7050-F4 as follows:
- Provide your first name, last name, and middle initial. It should match the information on your Social Security card.
- Specify your SSN.
- Provide your date of birth.
- If you request the earnings information of a deceased person, indicate their date of death.
- Provide any other name or names you used, like your maiden name.
- Specify the exact type of earnings information you need. You are allowed to choose only one of the offered types, or the SSA will reject your request.
- If you choose the box Itemized Statements of Earnings that includes the names and addresses of all employers, provide the reason why you need this information.
- Enter the specific years of earnings you want.
- If you need the SSA to certify your itemized earnings, check the applicable box.
- If you want the SSA to send the information to the third party, provide the applicable name and mailing address in section 3.
- Sign and date the form.
- Provide your contact phone number and mailing address.
- If you signed with "X", ask two witnesses to sign the document and to provide their names in the applicable space.
It takes about 120 days to process your request. If after 120 days you have no updates, call the phone number provided on the form to leave an inquiry.
What Supporting Documents Do I Need with Form SSA-7050-F4?
When submitting the Request for Social Security Earnings Information, you need to attach some of the following supporting documents:
- A check or money order that shows that you paid the requested fee;
- If you want to pay the fee with a credit card, complete the credit card section and attach it to the request form;
- If you act on the behalf of the minor child or incompetent individual, attach the proof of your relationship (use Form SSA-7050-F4). You can include an adoption decree, birth certificate, court order, or any other legally binding documents;
- If you request earning information of a deceased person, include the proof of death and the document that testifies your relationship to the deceased person.
You have to send all the required documents at the same time, in order to avoid confusion and rejection of your request.
Where to Send Form SSA-7050-F4?
Send the completed form, supporting documentation and applicable fee to the Social Security Administration, P.O. Box 33011, Baltimore, Maryland 21290-33011.