Form NYS100 New York State Employer Registration for Unemployment Insurance, Withholding, and Wage Reporting - New York
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is Form NYS 100?
Form NYS 100, New York State Employer Registration for Unemployment Insurance, Withholding, and Wage Reporting, is a form that should be completed by business employers or household employers of domestic services to register for Unemployment Insurance. Business employers are partnerships, corporations, and other entities for which employees perform services. Household employers of domestic service hire people to perform service in their homes.
- New York State Employer Registration Form.
This form was released by the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance and Department of Labor Unemployment Insurance Division, and the latest version was issued on September 1, 2018. A fillable NYS 100 Form is available for download below.
The New York State Employer Registration Form should be submitted when employers match the conditions for Unemployment Insurance liability. Business employers are liable on the first day of the calendar quarter they paid a total remuneration of $300 or more. Household employers of domestic service are liable on the first day of the calendar quarter they paid total cash wages of $500 or more. Every entity has to obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) before registering for Unemployment insurance.
Form NYS 100 Instructions
The main instructions for this form may be found in the form but a short summary of the NYS 100 Instructions are the following:
- Part A contains employer information, including the legal entity of the organization, its Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), phone number, legal name of the business, and email.
- Part B involves liability information such as:
- The start date of the business in New York State,
- The number of covered employees;
- The prior owner's information;
- Change in legal entity information.
- Part C has to be completed by a household employer of domestic services. Provide liability information, enter the number of household employees, and notify about the withholding of New York State income tax from them.
- Part D has to be filled in with the required addresses, including mailing, physical address, and the location where the books and records of the company can be reviewed. Indicate optional addresses such as the filer's agent's address, and the notice of potential charges address.
- Part E contains business information regarding all partners, members, and corporate officers of the entity. Indicate the number of physical locations at which the organization operates in New York State. Complete sections "a" through "e" on Line 2 for each location.
The form has to be signed by the filer, and their official position, phone number, and email should be entered as well.
Download Form NYS100 New York State Employer Registration for Unemployment Insurance, Withholding, and Wage Reporting - New York