DD Form 2807-1 Report of Medical History
What Is DD Form 2807-1?
DD Form 2807-1, Report of Medical History is a form primarily used by and within the Department of Defense (DOD) to obtain medical information on individuals wishing to join the United States Armed Forces.
This form - sometimes confused with the DA Form 2807, Military Working Dog Training and Utilization Record, or incorrectly called the DA form 2807 - was last revised in March 2015. An up-to-date fillable DD form 2807-1 is available for download and electronic filing below on through the Executive Services Directorate website.
The data gathered on this form helps the DOD physicians determine the physical fitness of the applicants and verifies any disqualifying conditions during the pre-screening process. Failure to provide the necessary information might lead to delays and a possible rejection of the application to enter the Armed forces. The DD 2807-1 may also be used when an MBC (Medical Evaluation Board) is called to determine the medical fitness of a current servicemember and if separation is warranted.
DD Form 2807-1 Instructions
The form is an official statement - the applicant must provide truthful answers to all questions within the DD 2807-1 or face criminal charges.
- Begin by filling personal identifying information: your name, home address and phone number, social security number, plus the date of filling the form. The social security number should be entered as EMPLID or as 00+EMPLID if filing the form online.
- Your SSN should look like this if filing digitally: 001234567.
- Provide the address and postal code of the examining location.
- Indicate the branches and component you are applying for and the purpose of examination.
- Active servicemembers must state their current position: the title, grade, component, and occupation.
- List any medications you are taking and list all allergies you may have.
- Next part of the form is the medical history and must be filled in completely. Every positive answer must be provided with further explanations in the given area, together with the dates of medical issues, the names of doctors and hospitals, received treatments, current medical status, and any limitations associated with physical health.
- Provide your name and SSN on the second page of the form.
- A physician may give additional comments after the examination. The physician must sign the form and provide their name and date.
DD 2807-1 Related Forms
- DD Form 2807-2, Accessions Medical Prescreen Report is a DOD form for each individual who requires medical processing within the DOD Instruction protocol.
- DD Form 2808, Report of Medical Examination is used to document the results of a medical examination of an applicant or current member of Armed forces.