How to Fill Out DA Form 4700?
An overview of the military medical record and filing guidelines can be found in the Army Regulation 40-66, Medical Record Administration and Healthcare Documentation, released in June 2008. DA Form 4700 instructions are as follows:
- The first block on the top of the page requires the title of the report.
- The second block requires the date of approval by the Office of the Surgeon General (OTSG) in a YYYYYMMDD format.
- The central block of the form is for the necessary medical information. If the provided space is not enough, the report can be continued on the reverse side.
- The next several blocks require the title and signature of the person responsible for the preparations, the name of the department, service or clinic and the date of verification in YYYYMMDD format.
- The very bottom of the form requires identifying information on the patient. This includes their full name and grade as well as the hospital or medical facility supplying the data.
- The final block requires specifying the purpose of the report by checking the appropriate box out of the given six.
Whenever a DA Form 4700 is used, it should be referenced on the SF 600.