A Diploma Certificate is an official confirmation of the successful completion of the course of study, usually awarded to the person at a ceremony. This document proves the individual whose name is written in it finished studies in a particular university, college, or school and is able to use the skills and knowledge obtained during the course for employment.
At the end of the academic year, every educational establishment should acknowledge the effort of their graduates and celebrate students who have demonstrated diligence and dedication to their studies by awarding them with Diploma Certificates. Not only this certification will help the recipient to show their future employer they have sufficient knowledge to perform job duties required for a specific position, but also it will help them upgrade their degree by enrolling in another school or university and serve as a reminder of how far they have come already in regard to their education and training.
For a full list of Diploma Certificate templates please check out our library below.
How to Make a Diploma Certificate?
Here is how you should create a Certificate of Diploma:
- Include the words "High School Diploma" or "Diploma of Graduation" on top of the page. The title of the document should be visible right away so select a bigger font size and a different color - you may also use calligraphy fonts letting the words stand out.
- Write "This is to confirm/certify that [the name of the recipient] has completed a [name of the course]". The wording can be slightly different depending on the situation - also, you may list one or two main accomplishments of the recipient in writing.
- State the date the certificate is presented to the student and sign the document. It has to bear the signature of the school principal or college dean - even if there are hundreds of certificates drafted and printed out, the person in charge of the academic institution should sign them all with their own hand to show appreciation for the achievements of the student.
- In terms of decoration, the ornaments, patterns, and drawings you choose must be appropriate for the occasion. A law school diploma should contain three or four colors and formal fonts while a Diploma Certificate you make for elementary school students can be as bright and whimsical as you like.
- Traditionally, a Diploma Certificate size varies between 8x11 and 11x14 inches, so if you are able to allow an extra expense, make sure a Diploma Certificate frame is right for the type of certificate you are preparing. However, do not glue the certificate to the frame - the student should have an opportunity to take it out and reframe it in the future for their office if necessary.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates below: