What Is a Sleepover Invitation?
A Sleepover Invitation is an informal note typically sent to a child or young adult with the proposal to have a night party at their friend's house.
- Sleepover Party Invitation;
- Pajama Party Invitation.
Whether you are helping your kids to make invitations for their peers and classmates or you are planning a small gathering for your own friends, it is an easy and affordable way to spend time together. To make sure the party goes smoothly, prepare a guest list and send out invites to know how many people you are going to host.
You can find a full list of Sleepover Invitation templates by checking out our library below.
How to Make a Sleepover Invitation?
Follow these steps to create a memorable Pajama Party Invitation:
- The invitation may look like a traditional greeting card or be a simple piece of paper or cardboard. As long as it includes all the details the guest has to know prior to the party, there are no restrictions related to the shape or size of the invite.
- Only your imagination is the limit when it comes to the embellishment of the invitation. If you have scrapbooking skills, you may implement your talents by making custom invitations for every person you are planning to invite. Use bright colors, ornaments, patterns, and accessories like buttons, beads, glitter, and decorative tape.
- If you are designing the invitation on your computer, use playful fonts and calligraphy when drafting a message for the recipient. There are no rules here - a colorful and vibrant invite will capture the attention of the prospective guest and increase their desire to join the party.
What to Put on a Sleepover Invitation?
Here are the Sleepover Invitation ideas you may use when composing your own invite or helping your kid invite their friends to spend time together:
- Write down the title of the event - "Slumber Party" or "Sleepover."
- If the sleepover means celebrating a birthday or an achievement of the host, you may state it in the invitation.
- Address the invitation recipient by their name or nickname and tell them they will be expected at the party. The Sleepover Invitation wording is usually casual since the people who will celebrate a holiday or simply gather to talk are close friends, so do not hesitate to insert an inside joke and express your sincere emotions when drafting the invite.
- List the essential details of the party - when and where it will take place. It is possible to indicate the sleepover does not have a set schedule to allow all guests to arrive whenever they are able to.
- Ask the recipient to bring items they will need to spend the night - pajamas, toothbrush, change of clothes. If you are providing sleeping bags or beds, notify the guests about it.
- Outline the approximate plan of activities - for instance, you may inform the recipient about the movie you are going to watch or list the games the participants are going to play.
- If necessary, mention additional information related to the event - this may be helpful for the parents of the child that reads the invite to give their permission to go to the sleepover. For example, you may say adults will be at home throughout the entire celebration and during the night and the children can be picked up after 9 a.m.
- Request the reply from the potential guest and set a deadline for the response - they should call or mail you within several days informing you whether they will come or not.
Still looking for a particular template? Take a look at the related templates below: