DA Form 200 Transmittal Record
What Is DA Form 200?
DA Form 200, Transmittal Record is an official paper issued by and used within the United States Army in order to keep a track of transmittal records of Army property shipped from a receiving party to a shipping party. It is an easy way to systematize and describe all vital delivery details. The present version of the DA Form 200 was issued by the Department of the Army on May 2013 and is still valid and in use today with all previous editions being obsolete.
An up-to-date blank DA 200 fillable form is available for download below. The form can also be found on the Army Publishing Directorate website or can be requested through the chain of command.
The Army-released form should not be confused with the DD Form 200, Financial Liability Investigation Of Property Loss, used during investigations of financial responsibility for the loss of Military property.
When Do I Use DA Form 200?
The transmittal record should be filled in by the sender. According to this rule, individuals need to use the DA 200 Form when preparing to send any media that is the property of the U.S. Army to an addressee. This is exactly the case when you must record the shipping process completely: the form is made to help you specify all the details regarding the dispatch of army property and its delivery to the receiver.
DA Form 200 Instructions
See AR 25-50 for an overview and filing information about the DA Form 200. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to fill out the form:
- Indicate the security classification in Box 1 in order to determine the shipment method and the adequate security measures.
- Input the shipment number in Box 2.
- The shipment date and identification are entered in Boxes 3, 4 and 5.
- Boxes 6 through 11 are intended for the authorization of the shipment, the number of records sent, the name and phone number of the person to contact, and the information about the transmitter and receiver.
- If the shipper needs a return receipt, it can be requested in Box 11. In this case, the DA 200 will be signed, copied, and sent back.
- You have to indicate the type of media sent, its form, and the number of boxes and items. This information is recorded in Boxes 12 to 14. You can choose the type from the list in Box 12. If you cannot find the type you need, you can enter a custom one in blank space provided.
- The shipment method and instructions along with any special details should be entered in Boxes 15, 16 and 17.
- The last box on the form is meant for the additional data not included in the previous sections.
After the form was properly completed and the media was sent, both the sender and receiver should keep their own copies of the DA Form 200 for administrative purposes.