DA Form 200 Instructions
See AR 25-50 for an overview and filing information about the DA Form 200. Step-by-step instructions are as follows:
- Indicate the security classification in Box 1 in order to determine the shipment method and the adequate security measures.
- Provide the shipment number in Box 2.
- The shipment date and identification are entered in Boxes 3, 4 and 5.
- Boxes 6 through 11 are intended for the authorization of the shipment, the number of records sent, the name and phone number of the person to contact, and the information about the transmitter and the recipient.
- If you need a return receipt, it can be requested in Box 11. In this case, the DA 200 will be signed, copied, and sent back by the recipient.
- Use Boxes 12, 13 and 14 to indicate the type of media sent, its form, and the number of boxes and items in the shipment. Box 12 provides a list of the different types of media. If you cannot find the type you need, you can enter a custom type in blank space provided below the list.
- The shipment method and shipping instructions along with any special details should be entered in Boxes 15, 16 and 17.
- The last box on the form is meant for any additional data not included in the previous sections.
After the form is properly completed and the media is sent, both the sender and recipient must keep their own copies of the DA Form 200 for recording purposes.