Download DA Form 12 Request for Establishment of a Publications Account
How to Fill Out DA Form 12?
Additional information and filing guidelines can be found in the Department of the Army Pamphlet 25-40, Army Publishing Program Procedures, released in June 2018. DA Form 12 instructions are as follows:
- Box 1 is for entering an existing Army publications account number if the applicant wishes to change it. This box is left blank if the account is not established yet. The date of filing is entered in Box 2.
- Box 3 requires the type of submission, labeling it as either an initial submission, a change or a close. The reason for closing must be provided in Box 7b.
- Box 4 is for specifying the full mailing address of the organization. Box 5 is for providing the applicant's Army Program Coordinating Office's mailing address. The DA 12 will be forwarded to that address for signing when completed.
- Section I - General - consists of three parts in total. Boxes 7a and 7b are for specifying the account type and for providing a justification for the requested blank forms. Box 8 is for the unit description data. The applicant's Army component is specified in Box 8a. Boxes 8b through 8g are filled in according to the chosen component. Box 8e and 8f are for contractors only. Box 9 provides details about the publications officer for this organization. Their typed name, grade, title, signature, and phone number must be specified in the corresponding boxes.
- Section II - Account Classification Data - provides details about the classification level of the requested account. The level of classification requested for the account is specified in Box 10. The applicant must choose one out of three options:
- The requesting organization must have sufficient equipment and personnel to receive and store material according to the chosen classification. The name, signature and phone number of the designated security officer must be provided in Box 11.
- Section III - Change of Address - is filed if the current mailing address needs to be changed.
- Section IV - Authenticating Officials - is filed by the officials authenticating the form. Boxes 13a through 13c and 14a through 14c require the typed name, grade, title, signature and telephone numbers of the Commander and the Program Coordinating Office (PCO) or the Product Support Manager (PSM).
All names, addresses, UICs, email addresses, and signatures will be checked before the form is allowed to be processed.
DA 12 Related Forms
- DA Form 12-99, Initial Distribution Requirements for Publications.
- DA Form 12-34D-R, Subscription for Classified Department of the Army Technical Bulletins (LRA) is a related active form not available through any of the APD resources.