DD Form 2808 Instructions
Prior to the medical examination and filling the first section of the form, the applicant must fast for 8 hours - only drinking water is allowed.
- The applicant must fill out Boxes 1 through 16, which require personal information and general data about the applicant. Pay close attention to Box 12, Agency, which is filled only by non-service members - all other individuals must leave it blank. Boxes 14a. 14b and 14c are for aviators only.
- Boxes 15a through 15c are used for providing information an the branch of service, component (Active Duty, Reserve or National Guard) and the purpose of examination.
- The "Clinical Evaluation", "Laboratory Findings" and "Measurements and Other Findings" sections are completed by the applicant's provider. More than one provider can fill the form if necessary.
- After the examination, the applicant must make sure that their name, EMPLID and PHS SERNO are stated on every page submitted to the Medical Affairs' physical exam section.
DD 2808 Related Forms
- DD Form 2807-1, Report of Medical History is a form used in for obtaining healthcare-related information on applicants seeking to join the Armed Forces.
- DD Form 2807-2 or the Accessions Medical Prescreen Report is a Department of Defense-issued form filed by each U.S. Army recruit who requires medical processing within DOD Instruction protocol.