DD Form 2887 Application for the Department of Defense (DoD) Stored Value Card (SVC) Programs
What Is DD Form 2887?
DD Form 2887, Application for the Department of Defense (DoD) Stored Value Card (SVC) Programs is a form necessary to enroll in the DoD Stored Card (SCV) programs. The latest DD Form 2887 fillable version is available for download and e-filing below or can be found on the Executive Services Directorate website.
Enrollment in the DoD SCV programs will allow the individual to request the EagleCash or Navy cash debit card. The DD 2887 is used to provide authorization to initiate debit and credit entries to the individuals' accounts or facilitate the collection of any delinquent amounts.
An up-to-date version on the form - sometimes incorrectly referred to as the DA Form 2887 - was released by the Department of Defense in February 2009 with all previous editions obsolete.
Download DD Form 2887 Application for the Department of Defense (DoD) Stored Value Card (SVC) Programs
How to Fill Out DD Form 2887?
The form is made up of a single page with no filing guidelines provided by the DoD. DD Form 2887 instructions are as follows:
- Select the Stored Value Card (SVC) program that you are applying for in Box 1.
- Section I - Applicant Personal Information - requires your full name, rate, rank, title, SSN, pay grade, military branch, and date of birth. All applicants must also provide a keyword (or mother’s maiden name) for security purposes and specify their military duty address, permanent home address, a cell phone number, and an e-mail.
- Section II - Applicant Bank or Credit Union Information - is for providing your bank or credit union name and its full address, an ABA routing number, account number, account name, and account type.
- Section III - Statements of Understanding - describes the debt collection process and lost card procedures and provides additional terms and conditions.
- Section IV contains the authorization to make DoD SVC transfers electronically to and from your bank or credit union account. It requires a signature and the date of filing.
- Section V is for office use only and should be left blank.