DA Form 11-2 Internal Control Evaluation Certification
What Is DA Form 11-2?
DA Form 11-2, Internal Control Evaluation Certification is a form used during the evaluation of the administration of the Managers’ Internal Control Program. The purpose of the certification is for the Assessable Unit Managers (AUM) and Internal Control Administrators (ICA) to have the outlined key internal controls evaluated. The Internal Control Evaluations Plan - or ICEP - identifies the areas that need to be evaluated, the evaluation period and the official responsible for conducting the evaluation process. The completed DA 11-2 serves as proof that the evaluation was correctly performed and appropriately documented.
The most recent version of the form - sometimes incorrectly referred to as the DD Form 11 - was released by the Department of the Army in September 2012 with all previous editions obsolete. The most current fillable DA Form 11-2 is available for download and digital filing below or can be found on the Army Publishing Directorate website.
DA Form 11-2 Instructions
A full description of the DA 11-2 and additional guidelines can be found in the Army Regulation 11-2, Managers’ Internal Control Program, released in January 2010. Filing instructions are as follows:
- Block 1 - Regulation Number - is for providing the AR number that supervises the function being assessed.
- Block 2 - Date of Regulation - requires the date when the governing regulation was imposed.
- Block 3 - Assessable Unit - is for the name of the organization governed by the AUM.
- Block 4 - Function - must identify the function being assessed according to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller (ASA FM&C) inventory and Management Control Plan.
- Block 5 - Method of Evaluation - is used by the Internal Control Administrators to define the method of evaluation. Block 5A should be checked if the evaluation is done via a Management Control Evaluation Checklist and a copy of the filled-in checklist should be attached to the form. Block 5B should be checked if the evaluation is conducted using an existing management review process.
- Block 6 - Evaluation Conducted By - is for providing the name of the official conducting the evaluation.
- Block 7 - Remarks - is for specifying the key controls testing methods (direct observation, sampling, etc.) along with any possible weaknesses of the internal control and the corrective actions taken.
- Block 8 - Certification - is for the name, title and signature of the Assessable Unit Manager and the date of signing the form.