Download IRS Form W-2VI 2019 Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
Form W-2VI Instructions
Fill out the U.S. Virgin Islands wage and tax statement if you are an employer required to provide information about your employees' wages and withheld taxes. Do not submit this document to report salaries subject to the U.S. income tax withholdings. Complete the IRS Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement instead.
The form consists of five copies. Complete all of them and distribute in the following way:
- Copy A. File it with the Social Security Administration (SSA);
- Copy 1. Submit it to the Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue;
- Copy B and Copy C. Furnish these copies to your employees. One they will submit with their Virgin Islands Tax Return, the other will keep for their records; and
- Copy D. Keep this copy with your records for at least four years.
The IRS W-2VI Form must be submitted to the appropriate authorities together with IRS Form W-3SS. Mail Copies A of these forms to:
- Social Security Administration Direct Operations Center, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18769-0001.
If you need to submit 250+ forms, use the e-filing service. Otherwise, a fine may be applied. The SSA recommends you to file the forms electronically even if you have to submit less than 250 forms.
Mail Copies 1 of the forms to:
- Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue, 6115 Estate Smith Bay, Suite 225, St. Thomas, VI 00802.
The Virgin Islands Bureau of Internal Revenue allows submitting paper versions only if the number of your employees is below 100. If not, submit the data on CD labeled with the following information: the name of the company, employer identification number, tax year, and type of the form you submit.
IRS W-2VI Related Forms
The W-2 Form series includes the following documents related to the IRS W-2VI Form:
- IRS Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. Complete this statement if you have one or more employees you made payments to during the previous calendar year and these payments exceed $600;
- IRS Form W-2C, Corrected Wage and Tax Statements. Fill out this form if you have discovered an error in any of the IRS Forms W-2, W-2GU, W-2VI, or W-2AS already filed with the SSA;
- IRS Form W-2AS, American Samoa Wage and Tax Statement. File this document to provide information about American Samoa wages and taxes to your employees and to the appropriate authorities;
- IRS Form W-2GU, Guam Wage and Tax Statement. Use this document to report Guam salaries and tax deductions; and
- IRS Form W-2G, Certain Gambling Winnings. Submit this form to provide information about the amount of gambling winnings and federal taxes deducted.