How to Fill out DD Form 2249?
DD Form 2249 instructions are as follows:
- Boxes 1 requires the full name of the applicant. Their social security number is provided in Box 2a. Box 2b is for providing the date of birth.
- Box 3 verifies the background investigation. Box 3a is for the dates when the investigation was completed. Box 3b is for the dates when the NAC or Special Agency Check was completed.
- The applicant must specify their employment category and whether or not they will need to escort others into the building in Box 4.
- Box 5 requires the applicant to indicate which particular building they request access to and clarify the required access hours. If the applicant requires access to the NCR, the applicant should justify their request in Box 6.
- Box 7 is for the information on the expiration date of the new pass and the reason for pass issuance.
- Box 8 requires the full name of the authorizing official, their phone number, signature, and the date of signing the form. The signature of the official should certify that the applicant has received a proper security briefing.