Download ATF Form 5330.3C Atf Form 6a - Release and Receipt of Imported Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles
How to Fill out ATF Form 6A?
General guidelines for filling out the ATF Form 6A for federally licensed and registered importers, other federal licensees, members of the U.S. Armed Forces, and individuals not licensed by or registered with the ATF are provided with the form. Step-by-step filing instructions are as follows:
- Section I. Importation Information. This section is mandatory;
- Item 1. Name and Address of Importer. Self-explanatory;
- Item 2. Name and Address of Foreign Seller. Specify the details of the seller you have bought the imported items from;
- Item 3. Name and Address of Foreign Shipper. If the same as the seller, enter "See Item 2";
- Item 4. Federal License No. and/or AECA No. If you are federally licensed importer, provide your valid 15-digit number and the expiration date. In order to import for resale items other than sporting shotguns, parts, or shells, you are required to be registered under the Arms Export Control Act (AECA). If this is the case, specify the 10-digit AECA number. This number was provided to you by the ATF after filing the ATF Form 4587, Application to Register as an Importer of U.S. Munition Import List Articles;
- Item 5. Country Where Manufactured. Specify in which country the imported articles were manufactured. This item is obligatory due to restrictions to import firearms and ammunition manufactured in specific countries;
- Item 6. Import Permit No. Provide the number assigned to your approved ATF Form 6;
- Item 7. Telephone Number. Self-explanatory;
- Item 8. Gross Value of Shipment. Specify the gross value of the imported items in U.S. dollars;
- Item 9. Shipment of Firearms, Ammunition and/or Defense Articles. Carefully describe the imported articles. Use the abbreviations provided in the form to specify the type of imported firearms. Do not use any slang terms;
- Section II. Certification of Release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The CBP does not fill out this section any longer;
- Section III. Verification of Importation. This section must be completed only if federally licensed or registered importers are importing on the form. Complete this section within 15 days after the imported articles were released by the CBP. After that, mail the copy of the form with sections I and III filled out to the address provided on the last page of the form instructions.
How to Update Information on ATF Form 6A?
You do not need to update information on your release and receipt form. Fill out a separate document for each permit instead. Besides, use a separate form for each different shipment on the same permit.