Download ATF Form 5330.3D Atf Form 6nia - Application/Permit for Temporary Importation of Firearms and Ammunition by Nonimmigrant Aliens
When to Fill out ATF Form 6NIA?
Fill out the ATF Form 6NIA to request permission to bring firearms and ammunition into the United States for legitimate hunting or sporting purposes. Do not submit this document if you can prove that the firearm or ammunition you are importing was previously taken out of the United States. Besides, you are not allowed to import certain categories of weapons, like short-barreled shotguns and rifles, machineguns, silencers, and firearms of the U.S. government origin. If you are not sure that the articles you wish to bring into the United States are eligible for import, contact the ATF's Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch for clarification.
You can fill out this form only if you can be classified as a nonimmigrant alien. This category includes individuals temporary traveling in the United States for pleasure or business, as well as foreign workers and students who maintain a permanent residence outside the United States. Permanent resident aliens do not fall under this category.
How to Fill out ATF Form 6NIA?
Fill out and submit the ATF Form 6NIA in duplicate. Type or print legibly. You are required to complete Section I only. Sign both copies of the form in ink. Fill out the document as follows:
- Item 1. Applicant's Full Name. Self-explanatory;
- Item 2. Residential Address. Provide the physical address. A post office box is not valid;
- Item 3. Telephone Number. Self-explanatory;
- Items 4 and 5. Fax Number and E-mail Address. If you can receive faxed or emailed documents, the ATF strongly recommends you to provide your contacts in the appropriate boxes to reduce the possibility of delays often experienced with international mail;
- Items 6 through 10. Self-explanatory;
- Item 11. Current and/or Past U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Admission Number(s) or Alien Number(s). Provide any known admission or alien number you have received from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Find the admission number on the USCIS Form I-94 or USCIS Form I-94W that the USCIS completes at the port of entry. An alien number is a USCIS file number given to certain nonimmigrant aliens. Some nonimmigrant aliens, in particular, Canadians will have neither an admission nor alien number. In this case, enter "N/A" in the item;
- Item 12. Firearms Possession and Acquisition (PAL) License Number. Fill out this item only if you request permission from Canada;
- Items 13 through 15. Check the appropriate answers;
- Item 16. Description of Firearms and Ammunition. Fill out the columns provided to describe firearms or ammunition you want to import. Attach additional sheets if needed;
- Items 17 and 18. Signature of Applicant and Date. Self-explanatory.
Submit the completed form via mail, e-mail, or fax. The appropriate addresses and numbers are provided in the instructions attached to the form. The application is usually processed within 8 to 10 weeks.
How to Update Information on ATF Form 6NIA?
You are not allowed to make any alterations on the approved ATF Form 6NIA. To update the information you have provided (e.g., to add firearms or ammunition at a later date), submit another form.