Form PPTC155 Child General Passport Application - Canada
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is Form PPTC 155?
Form PPTC 155, Child General Passport Application, is a formal document completed by a child's parent or parents (alternatively, a custodial parent or legal guardians) to apply for a passport on behalf of this child if they are under sixteen years of age. Upon its issuance, a passport will serve as identification and travel document required for a Canadian citizen who wishes to go abroad, so whether you plan a trip with your child or are sending them to a foreign country alone, this application is the first step to take even before the travel plans are finalized.
- Child Passport Application Form;
- Child Passport Renewal Form.
This form was released by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The latest version of the document was issued on October 1, 2020, with all previous editions obsolete. You can download a fillable Child Passport Application Form through the link below.
How to Fill Out a Child Passport Renewal Form?
Follow these steps to prepare a Child Passport Renewal Form:
- Start with the child's personal information - their name, date, and place of birth, and surnames they have had before. Indicate their sex, eye color, and height. Add home and mailing addresses and write down the anticipated date of travel. If the future passport owner is aged 11 to 15, they should sign and date the application themselves; otherwise, their parents or legal guardians do it instead.
- Provide the personal details of the child's parents or legal guardians - their full names, dates, and countries of birth, and relevant contact information. Indicate your relationship and, if applicable, record your date of marriage. Both representatives of the child should sign and date the document.
- If the child had another travel document in the past, add its number and date of issue.
- Enclose proof of the child's citizenship - it may be a territorial or provincial birth certificate, or you can attach a copy of the certificate of Canadian citizenship. State the document's number and date of issue.
- Confirm the information in the application is true, write down your name, explain your relationship to their child, enter their full name, sign and date the form.
- Find an individual who is prepared to confirm your identity and the identity of the child. This person becomes your guarantor and may be contacted to verify the information in the form. Once you fill out all the sections of the application, give it to the guarantor who must indicate their name, date of birth, characteristics of their passport, relationship to you, and contact information. They will record your name and date of the child, certify they have known you for at least two years, and sign the document.
- While it is not necessary, you should add an emergency contact - if your child needs assistance while being outside the country, this person will be called to help.
- Provide your credit card information to give your consent to the withdrawal of fees if you file your application by mail.
Download Form PPTC155 Child General Passport Application - Canada