VA Form 28-1900 Instructions
The processing time of the application is from four to six weeks. After completing the application for the VR&E and proving eligibility, an applicant has to make an appointment with a vocational rehabilitation counselor. The main purpose of the meeting is to prove that the veteran is faced with an employment handicap. An employment handicap is the inability to garner or retain suitable employment that falls within the veteran's abilities and interests.
How to Fill Out VA Form 28-1900?
The form contains two pages in total: a fillable part for the applicant to file and an additional page with general information about vocational rehabilitation for service-disabled veterans.
The first page requires the following information:
- The name and address of the applicant;
- The number of the VA file and a telephone number;
- A specification of the applicant's education (the number of years);
- A list of any previous vocational rehabilitation the applicant may have participated in;
- Information about their military service;
- A description of their current job along with the name and address of the employer, the list of the job duties and monthly income;
- A description of the disability.
Where to Send VA Form 28-1900?
The quickest way is to apply for benefits online through eBenefits website's vocational rehabilitation and employment page. The completed form can be also mailed to a local VA office or out-based office.