DA Form 5515 Training Ammunition Control Document
What Is DA Form 5515?
DA Form 5515, Training Ammunition Control Document is a form used as a sub-hand receipt for obtaining training ammunition. This form is to assist Range OIC’s and NCOIC’s in establishing the minimum number of ammunition containers that have to be opened for the completion of training.
The latest version of the form – often incorrectly referred to as the DD Form 5515 – was released by the Department of the Army in May 2004. An up-to-date DA Form 5515 fillable version is available for digital filing and download below or can be found through the Army Publishing Directorate website.
A DA form 5515-1, Training Ammunition Control Document (Continuation Sheet) can be used if the space provided on this form is not enough.
What Is DA Form 5515 Used For?
The Training Ammunition Control Document is used to request and turn-in training ammunition. A separate form is used for each issue. Each level issuing or receiving ammunition must save a copy of the form.
How To Fill Out a DA Form 5515?
An overview of the form and additional information can be found in the Army Regulation 710–2, Supply Policy Below the National Level, released in March 2008. DA Form 5515 instructions are as follows:
- Box 1, Document Number, should be filled in by the party that conveys the ammunition from the ASP on the DA Form 581-1, Request For Issue And Turn-in Of Ammunition. When preparing the original form for the further distribution of the ammunition, every subsequent issuer should use the same document number.
- Box 2, Pages, should contain the total number of both the DA 5515 and DA 5515-1 copies used with the same document number.
- The form is divided into Sections A and B. Section B should be left blank.
- Box 3 in Section A should have the name and address of the sub-issuing party and Box 4 is for the name and address of the sub-receiving party. Box 5 is reserved for the calendar sub-issue date. Box 6 should be left blank.
- Box 7 should contain the number of the item. Box 8, DODIC/Nomenclature, should include the DOD Identification Code DODIC together with the item nomenclature.
- The Lot Number and serial numbers of items go in Box 9m, Lot/Serial Number. Box 10, QTY Issued, should indicate the quantity of issued items. Box 11, QTY Residue Required, provides nomenclature and the amount of residue that is required for return.
- Boxes 12 and 13 - QTY Residue Turned-in and QTY Live Turned-in - should be left blank.
- Box 14, Issued By, should contain the payroll signature of a person making the sub-issue. Box 15, Received By, is for the payroll signature of a person receiving the sub-issue.
- Boxes 16 and 17 - Turned-in By and Received By - should be left blank
- The other Boxes - Briefed By and Date - should be completed when ammunition is either sub-issued or issued for consumption. The person conducting the briefing is to sign their payroll signature and enter the calendar date of the briefing. All other boxes are left blank.
- Finally, Box 38, Remarks, should contain all related document serial numbers.