DA Form 12-99 Initial Distribution Requirements for Publications
What Is DA Form 12-99?
DA Form 12-99, Initial Distribution Requirements for Publications is a form used to establish and maintain initial distribution requirements for physical publications. This form can be used internally for Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and nuclear weapons technical publications to identify any new initial distribution requirements or changes before posting the publications online.
The most recent edition of the document - sometimes incorrectly referred to as the DD Form 12-99 - was released by the Department of the Army in March 2015 with all previous editions being obsolete. An up-to-date DA Form 12-99 fillable version is available for digital filing and download below or can be found through the Army Publishing Directorate (APD) website.
Submitting distribution requirements and establishing subscriptions electronically through the APD Ordering Portal is the fastest way to keep all requirements current.
Download DA Form 12-99 Initial Distribution Requirements for Publications
How to Fill Out DA Form 12-99?
Additional information and filing guidelines can be found in the Department of the Army Pamphlet 25–40, Army Publishing Program Procedures, released in June 2018. DA Form 12-99 instructions are as follows:
- Block 1 is for the date of filing the form. Block 2 is for the Army publications account number.
- Block 3 requires the organization’s complete mailing address complete with the 9-digit ZIP Code.
- Block 4 - Thru - requires entering one of the following two options:
- Commander, U.S. Army Security Assistance Command (with the office symbol for the USASAC central case manager), 3rd Street and M Avenue, New Cumberland, PA 17070–5096
- JANAP subscription forms must be filled on a separate form and forwarded to Chief, U.S. Army C–E Services Office (SFIS–FAS–M), MCEB Branch, Room 9S65, 200 Stovall Street, Alexandria, VA 22332–2200.
- The column titled “Publication Number” requires the IDN for each publication, all of which can be found on the Ordering Portal website.
- The column titled “Quantity” is for the number of copies of each publication the organization requests. Deleting an existing subscription is done by entering “none” into the column.
DA 12-99 Related Forms
- DA Form 12, Request for Establishment of a Publications Account, is a form used to request or make charges to a U.S. Army Publications Account.
- DA Form 12-34D-R, Subscription for Classified Department of the Army Technical Bulletins (LRA), is a related active form not available through any of the APD resources.