How to Fill out DA Form 2446?
Procedural guidelines and additional information can be found in the AR 600-8-105, Military Orders, released in October 1994. DA Form 2446 instructions are as follows:
- The form may only be used by organizations without access to the Tactical Army Combat Service Support Computer System, Tactical Army Combat Service Support Computer System (Enhanced), or Installation-Level Integrated Database and Subject Area Database computers. Commanders are encouraged to eliminate the use of paper forms. This is needed to standardize orders Army-wide, reduce waiting time and eliminate the need to use the DA Form 2446.
- The form starts with the heading (authorized personnel is required to fill in the boxes labeled "DATE", "TO" and "FROM").
- The TITLE OF FORMAT is copied off of the orders format page being used. A STANDARD NAME LINE is filed if required. If the orders format page does not indicate this information the box must be left blank. Each of the LEAD LINES is copied directly from the orders format page and must have a response in the VARIABLE INFORMATION column.
- The requestor's name, contact information, and signature must be provided at the bottom of the page.
- The completed DA 2446 must be forwarded to the servicing ASD.