DD Form 1387-2 Special Handling Data / Certification
Fill PDF Online
Fill out online for free
without registration or credit card
What Is DD Form 1387-2?
This is a form that was released by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) on November 1, 2004. The form, often mistakenly referred to as the DA Form 1387-2 , is a military form used by and within the U.S. Army. As of today, no separate instructions for the form are provided by the DoD.
Q: What is DD Form 1387-2?
A: DD Form 1387-2 is a form used for Special Handling Data/Certification.
Q: What is Special Handling Data?
A: Special Handling Data refers to information that requires special protection due to its sensitive nature.
Q: What is the purpose of DD Form 1387-2?
A: The purpose of DD Form 1387-2 is to provide certification and instructions for the special handling of sensitive information.
Q: Who uses DD Form 1387-2?
A: Various departments and agencies of the United States government use DD Form 1387-2 to handle and certify sensitive information.
Q: What should be included in DD Form 1387-2?
A: DD Form 1387-2 should include details about the document being certified, instructions for its handling, and any special requirements for protection.
- A 1-page document available for download in PDF;
- The latest version available from the Executive Services Directorate;
- Editable, printable, and free to use;
- Fill out the form in our online filing application.
Download an up-to-date fillable DD Form 1387-2 down below in PDF format or browse hundreds of other DoD Forms compiled in our online library.
How to Fill Out DD Form 1387-2?
DD Form 1387-2 instructions are as follows:
- Box 1 requires specifying the item nomenclature;
- Box 2 should contain the net quantity of items per package;
- Box 3 requires the transportation control number (TCN) of the package. The total gross weight of each pallet or package shipped under the same TCN must be provided in Box 4;
- The address of the destination of the shipment should be provided in Box 5. Box 6 is for listing all the requirements for sensitive, hazardous or classified cargo requiring protection or other special services while in-transit;
- Boxes 7 and 8 should сontain reference to the applicable chapter of the Defense Transportation Regulation and handling instructions for the shipment;
- The in-the-clear address of shipping activity is given in Box 9 along with the name and signature of the officer completing the form. A copy of the DD Form 1387-2 should be attached to each container.
If the information on the form is classified, filing procedures are as follows:
- One copy of the form is completed, signed before being forwarded and stored in the air terminal IAW security regulations and instructions;
- This copy will be attached to the air manifest;
- Three additional copies of the form must be marked with "See Aircraft Commander's copy" and "Protective Service Required" (entered in Box 6) with Boxes 3, 4, and 5 completed and the rest of the form blank;
- The form will be placed in a waterproof envelope and attached to the first container of the shipment.
Download DD Form 1387-2 Special Handling Data / Certification