Free Pain Location Chart Templates
Pain Location Chart: What Is It?
A Pain Location Chart is a general term for various charts that can help locate the pain in a specific part of the body. By determining the specific location of the pain, this can actually help in the diagnosis process as it is often an indicator of the original source of the pain.
Through a series of questions and physical examination of the painful area, doctors can get to the root cause of the pain much quicker by ruling out certain possibilities. It is important to note that the possible causes are just theories and they should not be treated as a definite diagnosis. Based on the assumptions, a doctor will request specific tests and scans which will confirm or eliminate the theories that a doctor has.
It is also particularly useful when dealing with young children who may struggle to give a concrete explanation as to where they are experiencing pain. Through a series of pictures and charts, a doctor can show the child and gain more information about the painful areas.
For a full list of Pain Location Chart templates please feel free to check out our library below.
Pain Location Chart Types
- A Body Pain Chart is used to determine specific parts of the body where an individual can be experiencing pain. By localizing the initial area, doctors can help track the spread of pain and understand more about diagnosis;
- A Back Pain Chart shows the various parts of the back, in particular the lower back where pain often occurs. In addition, back muscles and other body parts such as the legs are included as back pain can cause limitations in walking or painful sensations in the legs;
- A Headache Pain Chart will tell you the likely cause of a headache as this is dependent upon the location of the pain;
- A Piercing Pain Chart outlines all of the areas of the body where it is possible to get a piercing and describes the relative pain that can be experienced;
- A Hand Pain Chart can help to determine which part of the hand is in pain and the likely cause of the pain;
- A Tattoo Pain Chart will show the various parts of the body and the pain that an individual might expect to feel if they get a tattoo in a specific part of the body;
- A Foot Pain Chart is a way to determine the cause of pain in the foot or ankle which leads to quicker diagnosis and treatment;
- A Knee Pain Location Chart breaks the knee up into various sections to determine the location and possible causes for various forms of knee pain;
- A Shoulder Pain Diagnosis Chart looks at some of the typical regions an individual can experience pain in the shoulder and lists possible causes;
- An Abdominal Pain Chart divides the stomach into four sections to determine where exactly a person is experiencing pain which will help in diagnosis.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates below: