Fill and Sign DD 1351 Forms

The DD 1351 Forms are released by the Department of Defense (DoD) and include five forms used for claiming reimbursement for travel expenses paid out of the pocket of the service member. Submitting pay-ready vouchers to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) is key in receiving timely and accurate payments. A complete voucher packet includes:

  • Original versions or copies of all travel orders or authorizations and amendments, as applicable;
  • Two copies of dependent travel authorization - if issued;
  • Copies of secretarial approval of travel if claim concerns parents who either did not reside in your household before their travel or will not reside in your household after travel;
  • Copy of Government Transportation Request (GTR), Military Transportation Authorization (MTA) or ticket used;
  • Hotel and motel receipts and any item of expense claimed in an amount of $75.00 or more.

What Is DD Form 1351 Series?

  1. DD Form 1351-2, Travel Voucher or Subvoucher, is the main form in the series. It was introduced for providing an automated means for computing travel reimbursements. The form provides a full description of the service member's travel itinerary, costs for shipping household goods, duration of travel, reimbursable expenses, and meals paid for out of pocket. The new DD 1351-2 replaced the previously used DD Form 1351, Travel Voucher adopted in July 1999.
  2. DD Form 1351-2C, Travel Voucher or Subvoucher (Continuation Sheet), is an extra page added to DD Form 1351-2. The continuation sheet is added when there is not enough space to document travel destinations and reimbursable expenses on the main form.
  3. DD Form 1351-3, Statement of Actual Expenses, is a form that contains a detailed table of travel expenses that may be reimbursed. These contain the amounts spent on meals, lodging, laundry, and transportation expenses as well as tips and any extra payments. The form does not cover alcoholic beverages paid for during the trip.
  4. DD Form 1351-5, Government Quarters and/or Mess, a form issued by a senior member in a position of command or administrative authority at the place of the temporary duty assignment. The form confirms the traveler's entitlement to compensation based on the non-availability of the lodging and mess facilities at the end location. The traveler must attach the DD Form 1351-5 to his voucher to confirm eligibility for reimbursement.
  5. DD Form 1351-6, Multiple Payments List, is a form used for documenting payments made by groups of Department of Defense (DoD) employees traveling or performing temporary duties under similar conditions.



  • Default
  • Name
  • Form number
  • Size

This is a formal document used by Department of Defense military members and civilian employees to list their travel costs and claim reimbursement for the expenses outlined in writing.

This form is used to verify availability or use of Government quarters and/or Government mess facilities to determine a traveler's per diem entitlement for payment and reimbursement for travel and transportation expenses incurred in an official travel status.

This is a legal form issued by the U.S. Army. The voucher contains a full description of a service member's travel routes and costs along with personal information that allows them to get reimbursed for their expenses.


This is an additional page for the DD Form 1351-2, Travel Voucher or Subvoucher. The Continuation Sheet is added to the voucher in cases when there is not enough space to accurately document travel itinerary and reimbursable expenses on the original form.

This form contains a detailed table of expenses that may be reimbursed. The service member is tasked with describing lodging expenses, the amounts spent on meals, laundry, and local transportation. Reimbursable expenses do not include the prices of alcoholic beverages.

Loading Icon