Free Volunteer Certificate Templates
What Is a Volunteer Certificate?
A Volunteer Certificate is a formal confirmation of the volunteer's contribution to the work of a certain organization.
- Volunteer Certificate of Appreciation;
- Volunteer Appreciation Certificate;
- Volunteering Certificate.
Whether you are asked to certify the hours and days a person has spent working for you for their resume or you simply want to express your gratitude for their efforts, this document is for you. Using Volunteer Certificate templates, you can thank the volunteer and motivate them to help you out in the future - a respectful and meaningful gesture that will benefit everyone.
For a full list of Volunteer Certificate templates please check out our library below.
How Do I Get a Volunteer Certificate?
To obtain a Volunteer Certificate of Appreciation, you need to reach out to a local charity or non-profit organization that is constantly looking for help - before you work for them, find out if they will be able to provide you with a document that verifies your volunteering efforts. Usually, Volunteering Certificates contain the following information:
- Name of the organization that issued the document - it can be a non-profit, charity fund, religious institution, or academic establishment.
- If you have a logo, you can insert it on top of the certificate - save the design and use it in the future for all people that work for you for free. Depending on the type of work you do, you can be creative with the certificate adding colorful borders, ornaments, drawings, or pictures that represent your fund, school, or church.
- Title of the document.
- Name of the volunteer. Make sure to use a larger font or a different color to let this information stand out and be seen from afar.
- Brief description of the work the person has done as a volunteer. There is no need to list all the duties and accomplishments of the individual especially if they worked for you for months or years. You can be brief and say "This certificate is issued in recognition of their valuable participation in the project" or highlight the main achievement of the volunteer - for example, "In gratitude of their fundraising efforts that helped the church to raise money for the mission trip."
- Dates of the volunteering. It is important to indicate the exact period the individual has spent working for you which is particularly significant if they are going to use the certificate as evidence of their experience to a potential employer or internship your organization has offered as a part of their school credit.
- Date the certificate was presented to the volunteer.
- Signature of the director or leader of the organization, their full name, and position. Even if you choose to print the document, it is recommended to add a personal touch in the form of a signature - moreover, this will certify the authenticity of the certificate.
Haven't found the template you're looking for? Take a look at the related templates below: