What Is a PS Form 1093 Series?
The PS Form 1093 series contains applications for Post Office Boxes and Caller Service. The series includes:
- PS Form 1093 Application for Post Office Box Service;
- PS Form 1093-A, Application for Post Office Box Service Automatic Recurring Renewal Payment;
- PS Form 1093-A-S, Application for Post Office Box Service Automatic Recurring Renewal Payment (Spanish Version);
- PS Form 1093-C Application for Post Office Caller Service;
- PS Form 1093-S Application for Post Office Box Service (Spanish version).
How to Get a PO Box?
A post office box is a uniquely addressable lockable box located on the premises of a post office station. There are three reasons to fill out a PS 1093 form:
- Security. To avoid having delivered packages sit on the doorstep, an individual makes sure their deliveries are safe and secure. If a package is too large to fit in a PO box, it will be held at the post office location;
- Privacy. Home address is kept private and important documents and communications remain confidential giving an individual a peace-of-mind;
- Accessibility. The mail can be received at an individual's convenience with 24/7 access in some locations and extended hours in others.
The PO Box application, PS Form 1093 or its Spanish equivalent, PS Form 1093-S, can be found online through the USPS official website. The application contains 4 pages, two of them are instructions.
The PO Box form includes the following bullets:
- This service is for the business/organization or residential/personal use;
- Name of the business/organization;
- Full name of the person applying;
- Full address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Box size(s) required;
- ID numbers for two items of valid identification;
- Names of all individuals, including members of a business receiving mail at this PO Box number;
- Names of persons or representatives of the business/organization authorized to pick up mail addressed to this PO box number;
- Terms and agreement for an automatic renewal payment. To apply for an automatic recurring renewal payment, you have to fill out PS Form 1093-A or its Spanish equivalent, PS Form 1093-A-S.
A PO box can be reserved with an online account, or by opening a new account. Once an individual finds the PO box that is right for them and reserves it, they can apply for a PO box by taking the form to a post office.
Whether people apply online or at a post office station, two valid forms of identification are required when they obtain their keys or combination at the post office where the PO Box is located:
Photo ID options:
- The valid driver’s license or state non-driver’s identification card;
- The armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card;
- The passport, the passport card, the alien registration card, or the certificate of naturalization.
Non-Photo ID Options (traceable to the bearer to prove the physical address):
- The current lease, the mortgage, or the deed of trust;
- The voter or vehicle registration card;
- The home or vehicle insurance policy.
Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates are not acceptable forms of ID.
PS Form 1093-A-S Solicitud Para El Servicio De Apartado Postal (Post Office Box) Pagos Por Renovacion Automatica Recurrente
Use this document if you are a current Post Box customer and wish to apply for automatic recurring renewal payments at a post office.