Fill and Sign PS 1093 Forms
What Is PS Form 1093 Series?
The PS Form 1093 series contains applications for Post Office Boxes and Caller Service. The series includes the following forms:
How to Get a PO Box?
A post office box is a uniquely addressable lockable box located on the premises of a post office station. There are three reasons to fill out a PS 1093 form:
- Security. To avoid having delivered packages sit on the doorstep, an individual makes sure their deliveries are safe and secure. If a package is too large to fit in a PO Box, it will be held at the post office location.
- Privacy. Home address is kept private and important documents and communications remain confidential giving an individual peace of mind.
- Accessibility. The mail can be received at an individual's convenience with 24/7 access in some locations and extended hours in others.
A PO Box can be reserved with an online account, or by opening a new account. Once an individual finds the PO Box that is right for them and reserves it, they can apply for a PO box by taking the form to a post office. Whether people apply online or at a post office station, two valid forms of identification are required when they obtain their keys or combination at the post office where the PO Box is located:
- Photo ID options:
- The valid driver’s license or state non-driver’s identification card;
- The armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card;
- The passport, the passport card, the alien registration card, or the certificate of naturalization.
- Non-Photo ID Options (traceable to the bearer to prove the physical address):
- The current lease, the mortgage, or the deed of trust;
- The voter or vehicle registration card;
- The home or vehicle insurance policy.
Social Security cards, credit cards, and birth certificates are not acceptable forms of ID.