What Is a CBP Form 6059B?
CBP Form 6059B, Customs Declaration, is an entry form you must complete when you arrive in the United States. The document must be filled out by both visitors and U.S. citizens. A CBP customs declaration form is used to provide U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) with basic information about you and items you bring into the United States, like food, wildlife products, monetary instruments, or commercial merchandise. If you are traveling with your family members, you may complete only one form for the whole family.
The CBP provides eighteen language-specific forms in total:
|Arabic||Traditional Chinese||Simplified Chinese||Dutch||English||Farsi|
A sample uniform declaration is provided by the department for reference: CBP Form 6059B (Sample) Customs Declaration.
Where to Get CBP Form 6059B?
You can download and fill out your CBP declaration form prior to your travel and submit it to a CBP officer. Otherwise, you will be provided with the form at the port of entry. The CBP Form 6059B fillable copies are available through the links below or on the CBP official website.
How to Fill out CBP Form 6059B?
The general instructions for completing a CBP customs declaration are provided on the back of the form, above the space for listing the items you need to declare. Read them carefully before completing your form. Here are a few things to know below filing:
- If you are a visitor, declare the value of the items that will remain in the U.S.;
- If you are a U.S. citizen, declare all the items you bought abroad and are bringing into the U.S.;
- Enter all the items in this CBP customs declaration form indicating their value in U.S dollars;
- If you declare gifts, provide their retail value;
- The entry of fruits, vegetables, soil, plants, live animals, or animal products is restricted;
- Importation of articles that violate intellectual property rights may result in civil or criminal penalties;
- Transportation of currency and monetary instruments is allowed. However, if you transport more than $10,000, you need to file a FinCEN 105 report with the CBP;
- If the space provided is not enough to list all the items you import, continue it on another copy of the form.
Find the step-by-step filling out instructions below.
CBP Form 6059B Instructions
The forms are easy to complete, with most boxes being self-explanatory. Filing instructions are as follows:
- Boxes 1 – 2. Self-explanatory;
- Box 3. Specify the number of family members traveling with you. The term “family members” includes individuals who reside in the same household and are related by blood, adoption, marriage, or domestic relationship;
- Box 4. Provide your current U.S. address. If you are a visitor, indicate the address of the hotel you are staying at;
- Boxes 5 – 10. Self-explanatory;
- Box 11. Specify if you and your family are bringing any of the listed items into the U.S. Failure to report any of it can result in penalties and seizure of the item;
- Box 12. Specify if you or any of your family members have touched or handled livestock;
- Box 13. Specify if you or your family members are transporting currency or monetary instruments. Monetary instruments may include currency, coin, checks, stocks, or bonds;
- Box 14. Specify if you or your family members bring any items that will be sold or left in the U.S., can be used as samples for soliciting orders, or cannot be considered personal items;
- Box 15. Provide the total value of the articles listed on the reverse of the form;
- Do not forget to sign and date your form.
This form is designed for use by French-speaking visitors and citizens of the U.S. Submit it to provide the information about the items you and the family members who travel with you are bringing into the U.S.
Use this two-page form to provide the CBP with the basic required information about you, your destination in the U.S., and the articles you and your family members are importing. The document is available in Hebrew.
The current version of the form is designed for the convenience of Italian-speaking visitors and citizens of the U.S. Use it to report the required information about yourself and the items you bring into the country.
This form is a Japanese version of a Customs Declaration form you must complete each time you enter the United States. Fill it out to specify the goods you bring into the country and their value.
Complete the Korean version of a Customs Declaration form to report to the CBP the required information about yourself, the number of family members traveling with you, the articles you import, and their value.
This form is used to report to the CBP basic information about yourself, the number of family members traveling with you, and the items you bring. Now you can download and fill out the Polish version of the document in advance.
Use the Portuguese version of the Customs Declaration form to provide the CBP with the basic information required for entering the U.S. Download and fill out this document in advance or request it in the port of entry.
This version of Customs Declaration form is available for download and digital filing in Punjabi. You are required to fill it out and submit to the CBP each time you are entering into the United States.
Use the Russian version of the Customs Declaration form to report to the CBP basic information about yourself and the goods you are bringing into the country. The form is required for both citizens and visitors.
Fill out this form each time you enter the United States to provide the CBP with basic information about you and the articles you bring with you. The form is for Arabic-speaking individuals.
This form is provided in Traditional Chinese language. The main aim of the form is to provide the CBP with information about you and the items you are importing into the United States.
This version of the form is used to inform the CBP about food, animal products, commercial merchandise, monetary instruments, and other items you bring into the United States. It is available in Simplified Chinese.
This version of the Customs Declaration form is designed for the convenience of Spanish-speaking users. Whether you are a U.S. citizen or a visitor, you must complete the document each time you enter the country.
Complete this form to provide the basic information required for citizens and visitors who enter into the United States. The present version of the form is available in Vietnamese.
This version of the CBP Form 6059b is designed to serve as a reference when completing the actual customs declaration.