What Is a Contract Termination Letter?
A Contract Termination Letter is a formal document that informs one party to the agreement of another party’s intention to terminate the contract ahead of the scheduled termination date.
- Notice of Termination of Contract;
- Termination of Contract Letter.
If you need a Contract Termination Letter template, you may download a ready-made document below.
Contract Termination Letter Types
When things are not working out and you are dissatisfied with another party’s performance or you simply do not require their services anymore, sending a Notice of Termination of Contract formalizes the cancellation of your deal. It can be used to terminate business deals and any business contract between individuals and entities alike.
- Generic Contract Termination Letter.
- Employment Contract Termination Letter.
- Business Contract Termination Letter.
How to Write a Contract Termination Letter?
Are you uncertain what you should include in a Contract Termination Letter? Below you can find instructions that may help you compose a Termination Letter in a formal and neutral tone, with the chance to maintain a cordial relationship with the other party:
- Write down the actual date, name, and address of the other party.
- Inform the other party that you will not renew your original agreement – you must be clear and concise to not leave any room for misinterpretation. Indicate the date your original agreement was signed.
- State the reason for non-renewal, unless termination for convenience is possible.
- Ask the other party to acknowledge this notice. Make sure they know how to contact you if there are any questions or open-ended issues to be further discussed.
- Be grateful for the opportunity to work with your counterpart and express a wish to do so again in the future.
- Sign the notice.
Didn’t find what you need? Check out these related templates through the links below:
A Contract Termination Letter is used to terminate an existing agreement or contract between two parties. It could be an employment contract or a business transaction.
This is a document known as an Employment Contract Termination Letter and it is used by employers who want to terminate an employee.