DD Form 1351-3 Statement of Actual Expenses
What is DD Form 1351-3
DD Form 1351-3 or the Statement of Actual Expenses is one of the forms in the DD Form 1351 series. The latest edition of the form was released by the U.S. Department of Defense in September 1997. An up-to-date fillable version of the DD 1351-3 is available for download or digital filing below.
This form contains a detailed table of expenses that may be reimbursed. The servicemember is tasked with describing lodging expenses, the amounts spent on meals, laundry, and local transportation. Reimbursable expenses do not include the prices of alcoholic beverages.
The DD 1351-3 also describes other spendings, like porter and baggage carrier fees, reservation charges and other costs.
The DD 1351 Series consists of four forms and is used for collecting and computing data on reimbursable sums spent by individuals traveling for official Government business purposes. This information - along with the provided supporting documents and checks - is used to pay those expenses back to those individuals.
DD Form 1351-3 Instructions
The Statement of Actual Expenses is made up of two main parts. The first part contains eight columns that provide information about the amounts spent on lodging, meals, laundry and local transportation during travel. The second part of the form provides space for the full name, date, and signature of the servicemember filing the form.
By signing the DD 1351-3 the servicemember certifies that all itemized amounts were actual and necessary expenses incurred during official travel.
- Lodging receipts must be attached to the form for every amount listed in the LODGING Column.
- The costs of meals are listed separately for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners and must include tips - if any were given.
- Local transportation costs include tips for travel between places of lodging or duty points and other costs not otherwise reimbursable.
- All other expenses must be listed in the eighth column and include fees and tips to hotel employees, porters, baggage carrier, lodging-related expenses and communications charges
DD 1351-3 Related Forms
- DD Form 1351-2 or the Travel Voucher or Subvoucher is the main form of the Department of Defense 1351 Series. The DD 1351-2 contains a thorough description of all travel routes, costs and reimbursable expenses incurred during Government business-related travel.
- The DD Form 1351-2C, Travel Voucher or Subvoucher (Continuation Sheet) an additional page used along with the original Travel Voucher.
- DD Form 1351-5, Government Quarters and/or Mess is a form used by the authorities to find out if the claimant is entitled to be reimbursed for their travel expenses. It determines if Military facilities were available to the servicemember during their travel period. The data collected via the DD 1351-5 is used for preventing possible fraud.
- DD Form 1351-6, Multiple Payments List is a supplemental form to the DD Form 1351-2, Travel Voucher or Subvoucher.