DD Form 1351-3 Instructions
The Statement of Actual Expenses is made up of two main parts. The first part contains eight columns that provide information about the amounts spent on lodging, meals, laundry and local transportation during travel. The second part of the form provides space for the full name, date, and signature of the service member filing the form.
By signing the DD 1351-3 the service member certifies that all itemized amounts were actual and necessary expenses incurred during official travel.
- Lodging receipts must be attached to the form for every amount listed in the LODGING Column.
- The costs of meals are listed separately for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners and must include tips - if any were given.
- Local transportation costs include tips for travel between places of lodging or duty points and other costs not otherwise reimbursable.
- All other expenses must be listed in the eighth column and include fees and tips to hotel employees, porters, baggage carrier, lodging-related expenses and communications charges
DD 1351-3 Related Forms
- DD Form 1351-2 or the Travel Voucher or Subvoucher is the main form of the Department of Defense 1351 Series. The DD 1351-2 contains a thorough description of all travel routes, costs and reimbursable expenses incurred during Government business-related travel.
- The DD Form 1351-2C, Travel Voucher or Subvoucher (Continuation Sheet) an additional page used along with the original Travel Voucher.
- DD Form 1351-5, Government Quarters and/or Mess is a form used by the authorities to find out if the claimant is entitled to be reimbursed for their travel expenses. It determines if Military facilities were available to the service member during their travel period. The data collected via the DD 1351-5 is used for preventing possible fraud.
- DD Form 1351-6, Multiple Payments List is a supplemental form to the DD Form 1351-2, Travel Voucher or Subvoucher.